The conference is divided into streams. These are very loosely grouped, approximating perspectives, knowledge-bases, professional practices or disciplines. As much as possible, we try to program parallel sessions relating to each stream into the same room. This means that it would be possible, if one wished, to follow the same stream for the whole conference. Each stream also has its own talking circle, a forum for focused discussion of issues.
You will be asked to select one or more streams when you submit a presentation proposal. If you select more than one stream or 'other', the conference organisers will choose a stream based on a reading of your title and abstract, or which seems to fit best with other presentation proposals that have been submitted.
Social Sciences Conference Streams
- Sociology and Geography
- Anthropology, Archaeology, Cultural Studies and Humanities
- Psychology, Cognitive Science and the Behavioural Sciences
- Economics and Management
- Media and Communications
- Politics, Public Policy and Law
- Education and Social Welfare
- Natural, Environmental and Health Sciences
- Technology and Applied Sciences
- Research Methodologies, Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
- Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Gender